Some dogs are completely uneffected by storms and loud noises however many dogs become completely terrified when mother nature decides to put on a show. When a storm hits near our place I usually do a few things around the house to make gypsy feel more comfortable.
- Music always seems to help, something quiet and relaxing but loud enough that the scary noises are faint.
- Lavender essential oil diffused in the air, misted near or on your dog, or you can use a cloth collar with diluted oil
- Make sure your dog has a safe feeling place that is away from the windows and away from the reminders of the storm
- I haven’t tried a thunder vest for dogs but I have heard great things about them as they apply pressure on points that really calm and aid the dog through these tough times
- Always make sure to have a tag on your dog with your current phone number in case they fear run or hide during the storm
I have addressed some of these tips before however this is a quick brush up for those who haven’t read my blog and a reminder for those who have. Try them out be good to your doggy today and everyday! !!